Departments and Ministries
Dear Dr. Smith
Dear Dr. Smith
I was going to commit suicide today. I couldn’t find the money to pay my debts to Money Lenders and banks. I am under threat of bankruptcy and losing my license to practice as a consultant. I continue to have to borrow money to pay creditors everyday. I have reached the end of the day and I don’t know how long I can last. I can end my life any day now. I am completely desperate and at my wits end. Help Please.
Thanks for reaching out to me. I have read your message and I sensed your desperation and frustration. The first thing I want to say to you is this. “YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KILL YOURSELF.” Not today, not tomorrow, not anytime. Why? You have too much to live for. Despite your debts and mounting frustration, there is more to life than death. So let’s explore some of the reason why you will not take your life.
1. You are in debt now, yes, I hear that, but as long as you are alive, there is a strong possibility that you will work you way out of it. As impossible as it may seem now, just fight on, God will help you to work your way out of it.
2. Suicide accomplishes nothing. It’s cowardice to think you can run away from your problems. You are a man, stand tall, face your challenge, think, plan, strategize and pray. God has not given up on you so don’t give up on yourself.
3. You are not the only one that is having a difficult time financially, for some they have already filed for bankruptcy, but still they are not killing themselves. So, difficult times and financial debts are not reasons for committing suicide. Think carefully, you are an intelligent person, remember tough times call for strong resilience, and that I know you have.
4. The day will come when you will look back on these difficult times and smile. You will be glad you hang in there, you will pat yourself on the back for saving your own life, you will once more give God the glory. Keep fighting your way out of this.
5. Today the sun is not shining for you, but there is no such thing as an eternal darkness, one day the daystar will arise in your heart again, and you will feel good. Therefore, be an optimist and keep hope alive, trust in God and do the right.
I am praying for you. Keep courageous, life is bitter for you now, but trust me, by the grace of God life will get better, it will move from “BITTER to BETTER”. “Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.” (Ps 30:5) Hold on my friend, hold on, it’s not worth taking your life, Christ has already died for you, He is not asking you to die but to live for Him. Feel free to write to me again.
For more information about Dr. Smith's services go to www.familyfixers.org