Departments and Ministries
Dear Dr. Smith
Dear Dr. Smith,
Please pray for me, I want to stop stealing and lying. Please pray that I will do what I need to do.
Dear Troubled Friend.
I will be praying to God that you will find the courage and strength to stop stealing and lying. At the same time I want you to develop enough will power and impulse control so that you can beak the habit. Lying and stealing are character flaws that you have picked up along your life's journey. In order to break the bad habit, you must first restructure your thinking. Your thinking affects your feeling and your feeling affects your behavior. Once you change your thinking process, you will start feeling better and if you are feeling better then you will act better.
I know that this is easier said than done, however, it's the way out of your troubles. Stop thinking that you must lie or steal. Stop thinking that it’s because you have no control over your impulses. Stop thinking that if things were better then you wouldn’t do those things. Stop thinking that it is easier to lie that to face the consequences of the truth. Stop thinking that stealing is an easier way out.
Stop thinking negative thoughts. Replace them with positive ones. Such as; I can over come this problem, I don’t have to lie or steal. I don’t have to feel week and helpless over this problem. I don't have think that I am hopeless.
Here are some steps to practice
1. Strive to speak the truth at all times. Anytime you slip up, correct yourself on the spot, no matter how embarrassing it may be to do so.
2. Learn to satisfy with what you have. The Bible says, “Godliness with contentment is great gain.” (ITi 6:6)
3. Return the things you have stolen or destroy them
4. If you have hurt others by your lying or stealing, apologize to them.
5. Each time the temptation comes to steal or lie, pinch yourself and repeat a Bible text out loud.
6. Each night before going to bed, thank God for the victories gained that day and ask for strength for the next day.
As I pray for you and as you pray for your self, you must put these things into action. Each day that God gives you, you must say, "I will not steal or lie today" and don't do it. If you practice that each day, you will be amazed to see how you overcome your weakness. Keep strong, keep courageous, God loves you. Just go and sin no more.
I will be praying.
For more information about Dr. Smith's services go to www.familyfixers.org