Strategic Imperatives & Organizational Goals 2014-2018
1. REACH GREATER NEW YORK STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES ORGANIZATION GOALS
- We will reach every major ethnic group within the Greater New York Conference territory with the distinctive, Christ-centered Seventh-day Adventist message of Hope.
- We will reach every congregation within the Greater New York Conference territory with the opportunity to become a mission‐driven church of excellence
2. EDUCATION & YOUTH STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
- We will make our schools and churches compelling places of engagement where younger generations love to learn, grow, and serve.
- We will create a church environment in which our youth and young adults are embraced and empowered as partners in leadership and service with measurable results
3. HEALTH, HOPE AND WHOLENESS STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
- We will develop facilities and services that significantly nurture the body, mind and spirit of those within the Church and the wider community.
4. FINANCE AND STEWARDSHIP STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
- We will improve the financial health of our constituency in order to better fund and support mission.
Reach New York and touch the
world with Hope and Wholeness
We exist for the purpose of reaching the Greater New York Conference territory with the distinctive, Christ-centered, Seventh-day Adventist message of hope and wholeness. Key components of our statement of mission include the following:
Christ's method of discipling is our model for reaching people. "The Savior mingled with men as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs, and won their confidence. Then He bade them, "Follow Me." Ministry of Healing p. 143
Our Church has been charged to reach the world with a distinctive message. It is a message illustrated by Sanctuary truths, modeled in the life of Christ, communicated by the prophets throughout the ages, and succinctly expressed in the Three Angel's Messages of Revelation 14:6-12. This special, Christ-centered message, points prophetically to His second coming-a concept that is etched in our very name, Seventh-day Adventists!
Our distinctive, Christ-centered message not only points toward the future-it adds "more abundant life" to the present! Hundreds of scientific studies have confirmed the benefits of our Adventist message of health of body, mind, and spirit. Sabbath rest nourishes the soul. Our ideas of education and (Social Responsibilities) involve the harmonious development of the whole person-physical, mental, spiritual, social-extending from life on this earth to eternity.